- This event has passed.
NEW STOKE NEWINGTON SHUL ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Sunday, 13th September 2020
The council looks forward to welcoming you to our first virtual AGM. NSNS is both a charity and a company and is governed by both the Charity Commission and Companies House. As such it is a requirement for our shul to hold an annual meeting open to all members with a minimum attendance of 10% of our membership. I am delighted that our membership has grown to over 130 individuals and I hope many more than 13 of you will be able to join our democratic process.
The purpose of the AGM is:
- To receive a report of work from the outgoing council
- To receive a financial report
- To review our amended operating guidelines
- To elect our Council and Trustees
- To consider any motions submitted by members
Every member is urged to attend the AGM and to fully participate in the governance of our growing Jewish community. We are proposing the election of 12 council members of which a minimum of 3 and ideally 6 will also serve as Trustees. I know a number of members are planning to stand for council positions this year and I urge all those interested to put themselves forward. Please also consider sharing your views on the governance of our shul.
- A nomination form for election to the Council is attached to this email. Please return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th August 2020
- Please submit any motions you would like to be considered at the AGM by 27th August 2020
Once we have received your motions and nominations, we will send a further email containing a list of nominees, any motions to discuss, together with an agenda and venue details.
Please help us to ensure that our AGM is as vibrant and well attended as our religious services.